More Evidence Unveiled For GTA V; Rockstar Hiring For PS3 & 360 Title
Just recently, evidence pointed towards the existence of Grand Theft Auto V. Now, even more evidence has been unveiled for the unannounced title as Rockstar is hiring for PS3 and Xbox 360 programmers for an open-world game, as well as multiple Rockstar studios hiring for an unannounced title for both platforms.
This time, multiple Rockstar studios are hiring for programmers and more for an AAA title. Rockstar North – the studio who developed the highly successful Grand Theft Auto series. Their first job profile says:
Rockstar North is currently seeking a highly talented Tools Programmer. The role will involve developing and maintaining all aspects of the export pipeline across multiple projects and platforms.
Then, Rockstar New England is also currently hiring – they are the team behind Red Dead Redemption. Firstly, the studio is looking for a PlayStation 3 programmer. The job description explains:
Rockstar New England is currently looking for a talented PS3 programmer to help us develop exciting experiences using our world class proprietary game engine. Having recently contributed to the success of Red Dead Redemption, we are uniquely positioned to work on many of the high profile titles in Rockstar’s exciting upcoming lineup.
And, the description also states that potential applicants must have:
- 1+ years of PS3 experience
- Xbox360 or PS3 development experience
- Credit on a shipped AAA game
Rockstar New England is also on the look out for a senior physics programmer. The job profile explains:
Rockstar New England is currently looking for a senior physics programmer to help us develop exciting physical simulations using our world class proprietary game engine. This programmer will be responsible for the game-specific application of physics elements such as ragdolls, biomechanical animation, vehicle dynamics, cloth, fragments, collisions, contact forces, fluid-dynamics, etc.
The required and desired skills needed for the position are:
- 3+ years of game programming experience with an emphasis on physics
- Experience on Xbox360 or PS3
- Excellent C++ skills
- Superior 3D math skills
- Knowledge of game physics algorithms
- Credit on a shipped AAA game
- Passion for playing and making great games
- is Rockstar
The next Rockstar studio who is hiring for the mysterious project is Rockstar London. Firstly, they are looking for a gameplay programmer. The job description states:
We are seeking a talented Gameplay Programmer to develop systems related to gameplay and player teraction for the multiplayer part of our current next-gen title (PS3/Xbox360) . This is an exciting position developing and applying cutting edge technology on top quality games while working with a highly motivated and talented team of developers.
The responsibilities and required skills needed are:
- Extend UI, scripting and other gameplay related systems from the single player game to work in the multiplayer game.
- Work with scripters to implement new gameplay elements in the multiplayer game.
- Work with the designer team to develop design ideas and find creative solutions to design problems.
- At least 2 years experience designing and writing gameplay related systems with at least 1 published game.
- Excellent C++ skills (network, multithreading and PS3/360 experience a plus).
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Ability to work with a large code base.
- Good knowledge of 3D maths.
- Ability to work well as part of a creative team.
- Ability to work within a schedule.
- Passion for building and playing games.
Finally, Rockstar RAGE – the studio who produced the engine RAGE which is found in some of Rockstar’s titles including GTA IV – has posted a job position for a network programmer for RAGE. The description says:
RAGE is looking for an energetic programmer to help increase the features and capabilities of our networking technologies. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of new challenges and wants to work on a technology team and company that is focused on redefining what a multiplay gaming experience can be.
Responsibilities, required skills and pluses for the applicant include:
- Extend and maintain core and mid-level solutions for efficient networking of complex open-world game environments.
- Work with the game project team to integrate RAGE networking technology into game projects, identify extensions to that technology, and create those improvements.
- Implement cross-platform abstractions for third-party online services, including Xbox Live and Sony NP.
- Work with external vendors to develop solutions using and/or extending their online service SDKs.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Good “can do” attitude with a service oriented personality.
- Direct experience coding networking systems and solving networking problems.
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- A passion for playing and making games.
- Experience building networked implementations for complex game systems, including AI, physical simulation, object management, etc.
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox 360 and/ or the Playstation 3 console.
- Familiarity with networking systems and their components including: DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.
- Experience building robust, scalable backend systems and tuning those systems for performance and reliability.
- Database design and administration experience.