More evidence has been unveiled in regards to the Grand Theft Auto V’s existence, settings, possible codename and more.
Information-sleuthing superannuation uncovered a batch of new evidence pointing towards new details for the game and the title’s existence. In a series of tweets, superannuation said:
After I found out the GTA5 stuff weekend before last, I went on a number of Google/WHOIS searches to see if there was anything else to find. Unsurprisingly, it was all coming up empty — but I then decided to search for things from the last year pertaining to motion capture and…
…their casting company—Telsey & Company; unexpectedly, the 1st result was a casting call on an acting blog for a game called Sao Paulo Knights which reminded me of Max Payne 3′s description.
Surely enough, a quick search of Sao Paulo Knights came up w/ an actor’s news page which mentioned it right next to MP3. I went back to the mocap search and scrolled further down at the results & noticed a daily casting call roundup*** And among the projects listed in the casting call was an “interactive project” called “Rush,” which featured characters that fit with the… few details I heard about GTA5; outlandish characters, weed, gangsters, & celebrities fit the profile for a contemporary LA-set GTA game.
Plus it’s being casted by Telsey & Company. With all of that, I feel fairly confident in saying that “Rush” is actually a codename for GTA5.
This is a possible character cast that was uncovered by a NeoGaf reader for the game:
- 38 – Annoying, wise cracking, highly successful FBI agent. In great shape. Does triathlons, drinks low cal beer, but still has a sense of humor.
- 25 Young Mexican American FBI agent, caught between a few mob bosses. Very clean cut
- 23 – Moronic, almost inbred and creepy white trash hillbilly. Very naïve but in a creepy ‘it’s only incest sort of way’
- Welsh monk / cult leader / yoga teacher – 50, very lithe, very into exploring your personal tension through gripping massage. Needs Welsh accent.
- Neurotic soccer mom, home maker, 48, anxious and addled on pain killers. Very angry at neighbor MRS Bell.
- Swinger, and mellow Californian divorcee. 45. Ugly but comfortable with self.
- 47 – Weed evangelist, guy who started smoking at 30, and is now a leading proponent of marijuana’s fantastic properties. White, awkward.
- 56 – publicist for an actress known as America’s newest sweetheart who just so happens to love animals, orphans, drugs and sex. He’s always trying to hide her latest indiscretion.
Kevin De Silva:
- 18 – Albert’s fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.
- 42-52 years old – Armenian car dealer, moneylender, would be Fagin and would be bully. Heavily connected to the underworld, but irritates people so much no one likes him.
- 48 – paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon.
- 55 – clapped out FBI agent who now mostly works offering advice on TV shows – whose only claim to fame turns out to be entirely false – but a decent guy in other ways. Badly dressed. Divorced. Putting on weight.
- 53 – disabled IT expert and criminal information vendor.
- English hardman actor, 35, who acts tough but who wants to do serious work – the only problem is he can’t quite read the words.
- White 52 yr old loosie goosie hippy rich guy who has lost his money and is getting desperate but trying not to.
- 45-52 years old – unshaven female spiritualist and hippy with a love of exploring the wilderness. Very into journeys.
- 29 – pretty boy misogynist Beverly Hills party boy. Made money, but not as cool as he thinks he is.
- 39 – somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.
- 45 – VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his boss’s dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese.
So, it seems that Grand Theft Auto 5 is indeed a real thing and its codename is aptly named ‘Rush’. The release date for the unannounced game has been penned as 2012 by most analysts.